Corinthian Lodge #573 F. & A. M.
Greater Pittsburgh Masonic Center
3579 Masonic Way
I really want to thank all of you who made the March Stated Meeting such a success. It was wonderful seeing everyone there. Not only was it a well attended meeting by our members, but we had a lot of visitors again. I would also like to thank Brother Bob Matasich for providing a fantastic fish sandwich, french fries, and macaroni and cheese dinner.
The April Stated Meeting will be held on Friday April 09, 1999, with dinner served at 6:45 p.m., and the business meeting at 7:45 p.m.. After the meeting, we will enjoy a presentation showcasing "Birds of Prey" which I believe will be very interesting showing falcons, eagles, and other wild birds. We will also enjoy a visit from the Easter Bunny, and an Easter Egg hunt just before dinner at 6:15 p.m. , and an easter craft will be completed by the wives and children. A nominal fee of $3.00 will be charged for the craft.
Also in April, which I consider to be the "Wild Animal" month for Corinthian Lodge, we will be hosting a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo. Please note the date change - It will be held on APRIL 17, 1999, instead of the 24th, due to the fact most of the Officers will be attending a seminar on the 24th.
On April 17, we will meet at the main entrance of the Pittsburgh Zoo in Highland Park at 11:00 a.m., and will enjoy a self-guided tour until 5:00 p.m. when the Zoo closes. Cost is $6.00 for adults, $4.25 for seniors 60 and older, $4.25 for children ages 2-13, and kids under the age of 2 get free admission. There is also a charge of $2.75 to park each vehicle in the lot, so bring the whole family and load them into ONE CAR. Please let me know by the Stated meeting how many of your family and friends will be attending.
Please also make a note of the following dates:
1. APRIL 17, 1999: 11:00 a.m. The Pittsburgh Zoo
2. MAY 22, and 23: Alexandria Virginia trip CANCELED
3. JUNE 4, 1999: Argus Lodge Canfield Ohio Quarry degree
4. JUNE 26, 1999: George Washington National Masonic Memorial Square and compasses dedication ceremony at 3:00 p.m. Ask me for details.
5. JULY 24, 1999: Family Picnic in North Park
6. AUGUST 15 - 22: Vacation in deep Creek Maryland. Just like last year - water-skiing on my face behind a New Boat !
7. SEPTEMBER 18, 1999: NWS Stag picnic at Richland Grove in North Park.
8. OCTOBER: Phantom of the Opera Trip in Toronto Canada, and Medieval Times dinner jousting tournament.
In order for these trips to be a success, we need your participation. If you would like to accompany us on any of these trips, please let us know by calling one of the officers listed on the back of the notice, or speaking to us at a stated or extra meeting. We hope to SEE YOU THERE!
Sincerely and Fraternally,